This will be the longest post in HISTORY. You need to make sure that you copy and print off the section under COSTUMES. You must return the signed portion. I have also sent the Costume document to all of your parent e-mails so you may access it from them. Just a couple items before I get started...
1. Hope your Spring Break is so FUN
2. When you get back to school you need to NICELY make sure that your teachers have your recommendations and that they turn them in. I don't have many of yours....makes me nervous.
3. READ THIS POST VERY VERY WELL
4. xoxo MISS YOUR GUTS
TRY-OUTS
We all remember what it is like to try-out for something. It is very nerve racking, intense, and emotional. You MUST remember those feelings. I want you to experience these feelings...Just because you may be a 2 year, 3 year, or 4 year member you are still TRYING OUT and I will be watching very closely. Please be ON TIME, respectful, motivating, and work your BUTT off. YOU ARE SHOWING ALL OF THESE GIRLS TRYING OUT WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A SILVERLINE MEMBER!!! GOT IT??? No CLIQUES...expand your social network!! They will KNOW who you are and they will do what you do...we want a very very hardworking team next year, a very very excited, positive, and friendly team next year!!! I know that you can be the BEST examples of that so make sure that you REPRESENT!!!
To my soon to be Sophomores:
Remember it was only a short year ago that you were in the same position as many trying out. Become friends with them and help them out...Don't be shy and I am very excited to see how much YOU have improved in this last year!! Show them how a SilverLine member should act!! So IF :) you make the team next year...you better be even more excited when you come in that gym after reading your number then ever before because next year will be AWESOME!!
To my soon to be Junior:
Be nervous and confident!! Soak in the moment. Like I said above become friends with them and help them out!! Remember what it felt like to be in their shoes!! Show them how a SilverLine member should act!! So IF :) you make the team next year...you better be even more excited when you come in that gym after reading your number then ever before because next year will be AWESOME!!
To my soon to be SENIORS:
Alright...YOU are the group that will be leading this team next year. With that comes a lot of responsibility!! You are in charge of being the example to the JUNIOR, SOPHOMORE, and FRESHMEN class. What do I always say...ATTITUDE REFLECTS LEADERSHIP and believe me it is true. If the girls trying out see YOU slacking off...they will think it is ok to slack off...if the girls trying out see you give attitude, be mean, all the things YOU DON'T DO (but maybe do 1 time...yes it only takes 1 time) they will do it too!! You have to thing back very hard when you were 13, 14 years old...they are young and they need POSITIVE, HEALTHY, NOT INAPPROPRIATE role models and you need to be that at all times!! Yes, I am asking a lot of you, but that's because I know you can be that. You will be a SENIOR and it is time to grow up a little bit, care about yourself a little less and those younger girls a little more, and teach them what you want out of this team!! I promise you that if you set the bar high they will attain it! You have to be patient, be a teacher, and most importantly be there for them. When I was a sophomore my seniors were so AMAZING that when they graduated I was literally sick to my stomach because I was going to miss them so much...so when it was our turn to be Seniors you better believe that we made it our goal to be the best SENIORS around and you know what... it was the best year I had on my 3 years of Drill Team and it was the year we changed the state champion dynasty of Box Elder and took 2nd at State! So remember each day that we are at clinics and the day of try-outs these girls are watching YOU at all times!! Please show them what it means to be a SilverLine Drill Team member. Take them under your wind and help them out!! Also IF :) you make the team next year...you better be even more excited when you come in that gym after reading your number then ever before because next year will be AWESOME!!
**I love all of your to pieces, we SILVERLINE have set the bar high this last year and I want to continue to set it...The school respects you so much and my day is made every e-mail I get telling me so (I really get e-mails from the school telling me) please continue to be great people**
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
COSTUMES...read very very carefully and print out!!!
SilverLine
Costume Check-In
We will be meeting Friday April 16, 2010 in the dance room at 6:30 a.m. you may get ready while we are turning costumes in, but please be prepared!!! You will need to sign this along with a guardian, you signature is stating that you cleaned every costume, checked for problems (holes), took care of those problems (sew them), and it is in the best shape EVER. If the costume is ruined…I am sorry but you will have to pay (I am really sorry). So here is the list please follow it closelyJ you are responsible for your costumes, please come with names already attached to the inside of the costume with masking tape!!
**All Drill Attire (except Military Tops) must be washed on a DELICATE/GENTLE, COLD cycle. Please wash the costume inside out and use WOOLITE…DO NOT DRY, please lay flat to dry. Please have somebody that rocks at washing watch them carefully so nothing happens to them (I know I am silly) **
MILITARY
**Please take a damp towel and wash the arm pits of the costume. Please do not get the entire top wet. **
- Military Jacket (Hanger. Put Name on the inside of the Jacket with masking tape)
- Silver Hairpiece (Plastic Bag)
DANCE
**If you didn’t wear your top…lucky you!! You don’t have to wash it**
- Striped Top (Hanger. Name on the inside with tape)
- Striped Scarf (Please wash and un-safety pin. Please fold NICELY and put in a plastic bag and attach it to your Striped Top hanger)
- Black Belt (don’t wash, plastic bag NICELY)
KICK
**Take off Silver Shoulder Pads, don’t worry about washing those and just wash the top**
- Turquoise Top w/Shoulder Pads (Hanger. Name on the inside with tape)
- 2 Booties (Folded NICELY and put in a plastic bag)
- Statue of Liberty Hairpiece (straighten out the pipe cleaner, put in plastic bag)
- Silver Belt (don’t wash, plastic bag NICELY)
BOTTOMS
- Navy Shorts (Plastic Bag. Put name on the bag)
- Short Unitard (Hanger. Name on the inside with tape)
- Military Unitard (Hanger. Name on the inside with tape)
JEWELS & Misc. Costumes
- 2 Wrist Jewels, 1 Neck (Please put in plastic bad NICELY, put your name on the bag and also put how many jewels are missing)
- Black Dress w/ blue Zebra (Hanger. Name inside with tape)
- Intro Dance Turq. Costume (Hanger. Name inside)
- Intro Turq. arm band (don’t wash, plastic bag NICELY)
I promise everything was washed, sewn, and taken GREAT care of!!!
SilverLine Member SilverLine Guardian
***Don’t FORGET THIS SIGNED PAPER PLEASE…or YOU will be doing costume inventory:)***
LET ME KNOW YOU READ THIS ENTIRE BLOG BY ANSWERING 2 QUESTIONS:
1. HOW EXCITED ARE YOU FOR TRY-OUTS
2. WHAT DAY IS COSTUME CHECK IN AND WHAT TIME?
No comments:
Post a Comment