Monday, November 22, 2010

...THE TIME HAS COME...

Like I said on yesterday's post. This is YOUR time. For the next 2.5 months you need to push it harder than you have ever pushed on Drill. All of our practice time is very valuable at this moment!!

I think it is great that we have 17 more practices until our first competition because there are 17 of you!! I thought that was pretty dang cool...so we must give our all. I know you don't have a football game you are working towards, but you have stuff that is much bigger than that!!! YOUR competitions. I really want you to focus on yourself and get things corrected the first time and also pay attention to all questions so we are not repeating ourselves lots of times. We have things that need to be worked on in EVERY single routine!! I love your guts and I know we will conquer all of this.

For tomorrow: We are going to be running EVERYTHING...it must look like we have it all cleaned. At 6:30 after we have run everything we are going to switch Middle School Cheer and go into the dance room to clean the beginning of Dance. PLEASE FOCUS on this part...lets clean it once and move on. That is why we are going to the mirrors:) My goal for tomorrow would be to get through the entire slow section and end right before the side leaps:) You can do this RIGHT???:)

For Wednesday with Jenni you will also running everything and go on in Dance as far as we can get:) Then you are off for Thanksgiving. Please fill out your practice sheets (given to you tomorrow) and please PRACTICE...we will have 15 practices left starting on Monday.

Jessi's surgery went well and she is recovering:) Please keep her in your prayers and shoot her a text of love:) xoxo

Now onto an important topic: Being Thankful!!!

I just want to express with all of you some of the MANY many things I am thankful for. I am guilty of not doing this more often. I am so incredibly thankful for Brandon...man that guy does so much for me and I absolutely adore everything about him (even his Drill Team routine critiques) he is so very helpful and even spends a Friday night at home gluing sequins on hats so I can go out and have some adult interaction with my friends....like I said he is pretty incredible!! I am so thankful for my Mother because simply put without her I would not be me. I am so grateful for the bound that I have with her and to put it out there she is my hero!!! I am thankful for my Grandmother...she keeps me sane and I love her sass. I am thankful for my cutest Auntie Tara so far in my life I am following in her footsteps and believe me they are very big footprints to follow in so I am thankful for all of her love and support. I am thankful for my friends and my family for believing in me. I am thankful for the U of U for making me be uncomfortable and allowing me the opportunity for growth.
I am thankful for:
  • Brandon's Job
  • Having a home
  • Having food in our cupboards
  • Having a safe environment to be in
  • Having heat in our house
  • Running Water
  • Medicine
  • Soap
  • Daily Necessities that EVERYONE should have but they don't
  • Education
  • Freedom
  • Spirituality
  • Choices
  • Mistakes
  • Success
  • Life
  • Breath
  • Love
And I am very thankful for YOU. I am so thankful that I get to be a part of your ever changing life. I am so grateful that I get to see you fall (and sometimes pretty hard) and then watch as you pick yourself up. I am so thankful that I am a part of your fall and that I can see you learn from it and become a better person. I am grateful that you wake up every single morning, work your fanny off, and go to school because it is that important to you! I am so thankful that I get to see you at your strongest and weakest moment for that makes you HUMAN:) I am so incredibly thankful that I see you teach yourself dedication and responsibility. I am thankful that I get to be a part of these fun moments in your life...first day of your High School life, walking off the field at a State Football game because you just nailed your routine to having you tell me that you got accepted to your first choice College. I am so thankful and proud to call you mine:) I am thankful for you giving me all of your heart, your tears, and your love. I am so thankful that I have such a connection with each of you that I would do ANYTHING for any of you....

I am truly excited to start this competition season with all of you. I need your PROMISE that you are ready to start the season out right:)

Please tell me:
1. Your PROMISE to the team
2. 1 thing you are thankful for

xoxo to the moon and back my little FIREWORKS
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment